Welcome to the Trade Practitioner a resource for current events in international trade and a resource to help you strengthen compliance at your organization. Please feel free to review our subject matter updates by clicking on a topic to the left or visit our Learning Center to view presentations on international trade compliance. Please scroll down to see upcoming events.
Export Controls & Sanctions
Trade Policy &
Trade Remedy &
In our Learning Center you will find PowerPoint presentations and webinars on export controls, sanctions and other trade compliance and policy topics. You will also find our ITAR Practitioner’s Handbook (2016 ED.) and other materials.
|About the Trade Practitioner
The Trade Practitioner is a product of the Squire Patton Boggs International Trade Practice. You will find brief analysis of import and export developments in international trade regulation and policy in the United States and Europe as well as other countries from time to time. In addition, we hope you will the Trade Practitioner to be a useful learning center as we present our view through public speeches that we reproduce on this site.
US Export Controls Workshop: The ITAR “Virus” EARvolves! – Stratford-upon-Avon, UK – 18-20 July 2016
The hugely successful three-day ITAR Workshop sessions, jointly organized by EGADD, our Aerospace, Defense & Government Services Practice Group, and Strategic Shipping Company Ltd, will be taking place again in Stratford-upon-Avon, UK, on 18-20 July 2016. George Grammas will host several workshops.
Subjects to be covered over the three-day sessions could, amongst others, include:
- US Export Controls Reform
- EAR and the 600-series
- Update on DDTC licensing and agreements (TAAs, MLAs)
- Commodity jurisdiction and ITAR contamination of UK products
- Customs and enforcement: practices and actions against non-US organizations
- Best practices for managing ITAR/EAR risks and strengthening compliance
- Effective interaction with US suppliers, subsidiaries, parent companies and customers
- Dual and third-country nationals compliance under TAAs
- Access to the US aerospace, defense, security and intelligence markets – ITAR/regulatory challenges
- ITAR/EAR compliance for intangible transfers via servers, laptops, PDAs, etc.
- Re-exports and re-transfers
American Metal Market (AMM) North American Ferroalloys Conference – Chicago, Illinois – 19-21 September 2016
Peter Koenig will discuss trade policymaking, antidumping and countervailing duty issues at the North American Ferroalloys Conference, a new event sponsored by AMM that aims to convene the entire steel supply chain, provide opportunities for networking and facilitate vital business connections in the industry. The three-day conference will take place at Eaglewood Resort & Spa located in Chicago, the mid-west hub of American steel. Complimentary attendance for purchasing individuals from steel mills, specialty metals producers and foundries. For more information and to register, visit AMM. Follow @MetalBulletin1 on Twitter #AMMferroalloys.