Our partners Dr. Jens Rinze (Frankfurt) will give a practical insight into the issues that financial institutions, corporations and other businesses would face if the UK votes for Brexit. This complimentary seminar will take place on 9 June from 4-6 pm in the Squire Patton Boggs Warsaw offices.
Topics will include:
- How would a Brexit work from the legal side and which general legal implications would it have? The perspective of the UK, the EU and the outside world.
- International trade and contracts – New trade scenarios (EEA, Swiss style ad hoc free-trade arrangements, WTO fallback rules, customs union principles) and how these will impact UK businesses’ exports and supply chains with Poland, the US and other countries.
- Employment and immigration – Whether existing laws derived from Europe could be repealed, how the movement of Polish and UK workers could be impacted and what the employment law/HR landscape may look like.
- Finance and tax – The impact on regulated entities and finance documentation, customs duties and VAT, corporation tax: the withdrawal of treaty freedoms.
- Litigation and compliance – Will cross border enforcement become more challenging and will compliance areas such as environmental and health and safety law, become less onerous?
- International Agreements entered into by the EU: What would happen to the hundreds of International Free Trade, Association, Cooperation, Air Transportation and other agreements entered into by the European Union?
- The continental perspective – An insight as to how a Brexit may impact the remaining Member States.
Space is limited. Register for the seminar here. Email your questions here.