For the past 13 years, we have jointly hosted a successful annual workshop series on US export controls regulations with EGADD. In celebration of its 14th anniversary, this September’s workshop will take place immediately after DSEI 2021. This year’s event will also be organized in close partnership with BAE Systems, a major, multinational company that has considerable practical experience in dealing with the challenges arising from ITAR and EAR compliance.
Workshop registration is ongoing. Register by July 1, 2021 for early bird benefits on the three-day package. See below for additional details.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- US Export Controls Reform
- EAR and the 600-series
- Update on release of EAR technology to consignee employees
- US export control compliance and auditing recordkeeping best practice
- The Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) program
- The Defense Export Control and Compliance System (DECCS)
- The Simplified Network Application Process – Redesign (SNAP-R)
- Update on DDTC licensing and agreements (TAAs, MLAs)
- Commodity jurisdiction and ITAR contamination of UK products
- Customs and enforcement: practices and actions against non-US organizations
- Best practices for managing ITAR/EAR risks and strengthening compliance
- Effective interaction with US suppliers, subsidiaries, parent companies and customers
- Dual and third country nationals compliance under the EAR and ITAR
- Access to the US aerospace, defense, security and intelligence markets—ITAR/regulatory challenges
- ITAR/EAR compliance for intangible transfers via servers, laptops, PDAs, etc.
- Re-exports and re-transfers.
Video examples, group working, panel sessions and exercises to give a better understanding of the ITAR and EAR, provided by a number of subject matter experts, including senior officials from the US Government.
- One-on-one discussions with senior US Government officials and experts
- Opportunity to have all questions addressed by experts in the field
- Opportunities to network with peers
- Extensive conference binder and detailed handbook
- Two webinars will be available before the course
- Opportunity to attend an industry reception and dinner.
There are two packages available:
Three-day workshop – package includes:
- Access to all days of the conference, including workshops on Tuesday and Wednesday
- 2 nights bed & breakfast accommodation in the hotel where the event will be taking place (greatly enhancing networking opportunities)
- Lunch and refreshments provided each day
- Access to networking drink receptions on Monday and Tuesday evening
- Welcome dinner on Monday evening
- Invaluable networking opportunities with other delegates and speakers
One day workshop (Monday) package includes:
- Access to the Monday conference only
- Lunch and refreshments provided
- Access to Monday evening drinks reception
- For an additional charge, access to Monday evening dinner.
See here for pricing information and additional details.
Early bird registration ends on July 1, 2021.