For the past 14 years, we have jointly hosted a successful annual workshop series on US export controls regulations with EGADD. In celebration of its 15th anniversary, this June’s workshop will also be organized in close partnership with BAE Systems, a major, multinational company that has considerable practical experience in dealing with the challenges arising from ITAR and EAR compliance.
At this stage we are inviting you to register your interest. Please email Karen Hayhoe should you wish to register your interest to attend this event. Further details, including costs will be released in due course. See below for additional details.
Subjects to be covered over the three-days include:
- US Export Controls Reform
- EAR and the 600-series
- Update on release of EAR technology to consignee employees
- The Defense Export Control and Compliance System (DECCS)
- Update on DDTC licensing and agreements (TAAs, MLAs)
- Commodity jurisdiction and ITAR contamination of UK products
- Customs and enforcement: practices and actions against non-US organisations
- Best practices for managing ITAR/EAR risks and strengthening compliance
- Effective interaction with US suppliers, subsidiaries, parent companies and customers
- Dual and third country nationals compliance under the EAR and ITAR
- Access to the US aerospace, defence, security and intelligence markets—ITAR/regulatory challenges
- ITAR/EAR compliance for intangible transfers via servers, laptops, PDAs, etc.
- Re-exports and re-transfers
Video examples, group working, panel sessions and exercises to give a better understanding of the ITAR and EAR, provided by a number of subject matter experts, including senior officials from the US Government.
- One-on-one discussions with senior US Government officials and experts
- Opportunity to have all questions addressed by experts in the field
- Opportunities to network with peers
- Extensive conference binder and detailed handbook
- Three webinars will be available before the course
- Opportunity to attend an industry reception and dinner