For the past 14 years, we have jointly hosted a successful annual workshop series on US export controls regulations with EGADD. In celebration of its 15th anniversary, this June’s workshop will also be organized in close partnership with BAE Systems, a major, multinational company that has considerable practical experience in dealing with the challenges arising from ITAR and EAR compliance.
Subjects to be covered over the three-days include:
- US Export Controls Reform
- EAR and the 600-series
- Update on release of EAR technology to consignee employees
- The Defense Export Control and Compliance System (DECCS)
- Update on DDTC licensing and agreements (TAAs, MLAs)
- Commodity jurisdiction and ITAR contamination of UK products
- Customs and enforcement: practices and actions against non-US organisations
- Best practices for managing ITAR/EAR risks and strengthening compliance
- Effective interaction with US suppliers, subsidiaries, parent companies and customers
- Dual and third country nationals compliance under the EAR and ITAR
- Access to the US aerospace, defence, security and intelligence markets—ITAR/regulatory challenges
- ITAR/EAR compliance for intangible transfers via servers, laptops, PDAs, etc.
- Re-exports and re-transfers
Video examples, group working, panel sessions and exercises to give a better understanding of the ITAR and EAR, provided by a number of subject matter experts, including senior officials from the US Government.
- One-on-one discussions with senior US Government officials and experts
- Opportunity to have all questions addressed by experts in the field
- Opportunities to network with peers
- Extensive conference binder and detailed handbook
- Three webinars will be available before the course
- Opportunity to attend an industry reception and dinner