From EAR to ITARnity: Ever-Challenging US Export Controls Compliance
When: June 26 – 28, 2023
This hugely successful event on US export controls regulations, which is jointly organized by EGADD and Squire Patton Boggs, will be celebrating its 16th Anniversary when it takes place in June 2023.
For this year, the event will, once again, also be organized in close partnership with BAE Systems. As a major, multinational company, it has considerable practical experience in dealing with the challenges arising from ITAR and EAR compliance.
Pre-Event Workshops Topics Webinar:
For those considering attending the three-day event, we will be running a webinar on Thursday, March 23, 2023, from 11 a.m. to noon EDT, which will give detailed information on the topics that will be covered during the workshops. If you wish to attend this webinar, then please let Claire Parsons know immediately.
Subjects to be covered over the three days include:
- Access to the US aerospace, defense, security and intelligence markets—ITAR/regulatory challenges.
- Effective interaction with US suppliers, subsidiaries, parent companies and customers.
- Customs and enforcement: practices and actions against non-US organizations.
- ITAR/EAR compliance for intangible transfers via servers, laptops, PDAs, etc.
- Best practices for managing ITAR/EAR risks and strengthening compliance.
- Dual and third country nationals compliance under the EAR and ITAR.
- The Defense Export Control and Compliance System (DECCS).
- Update on release of EAR technology to consignee employees.
- Commodity jurisdiction and ITAR contamination of UK products.
- Update on DDTC licensing and agreements (TAAs, MLAs).
- The hidden perils lurking in your supply chain.
- Re-exports and re-transfers.
- US Export Controls Reform.
- EAR and the 600-series.
Video examples, group working, panel sessions and exercises to give a better understanding of the ITAR and EAR, provided by a number of subject matter experts, including senior officials from the US Government.
- One-on-one discussions with senior US Government officials and experts.
- Opportunity to have all questions addressed by experts in the field.
- Opportunity to attend an industry reception and dinner.
- Extensive conference binder and detailed handbook.
- Three webinars will be available before the course.
- Opportunities to network with peers.